For professionals who support people facing the challenges of loss, it’s important to have spaces to reflect, go deeper, and learn new ways to approach working with those in grief. Past Mo(u)rning Conference participants have come away with an enriching experience to augment their work and presence with grieving persons.
We welcome all professionals or lay persons, including Rabbis, Cantors, Chaplains, Educators, Caring Community Volunteers, Therapists, Nurses, Physicians, Agency Workers, Complementary Care Providers, Social Workers, Paraprofessionals, Volunteers, and Students.
The Mo(u)rning Conference is co-sponsored by The Northern California Board of Rabbis. BAJHC and NCBOR are beneficiaries of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma counties.
PGCN (Professional Grief Caregivers Network) and Mo(u)rning Conference themes:
- Working with parents who have lost a child
- Working with those in the immediate aftermath of trauma
- Collective resource sharing for grief workers
- Self-care for grief workers
- Grief group best practices
- Working with those who lost someone to suicide
- Working with embodied grief
- Expressive arts and grief
- Grief and dementia
- Complicated grief
Watch this page for more information about upcoming conferences.