Want to talk with a rabbi?
If you are seeking advice, support, comforting Jewish resources, a place to explore spiritual issues, or answers to questions that arise when facing illness or caring for someone who is ill, the skilled and understanding ears of the BAJHC rabbis are available to you.
Call 415-750-4197 or email email@example.com and you will be connected with one of our rabbis.
It may help to know that:
- You can speak with us over the phone or in person.
- You can make an appointment to meet in our San Francisco-based office.
- You can request a visit in a hospital, long term care facility, psychiatric or behavioral health unit, or other facility throughout our service area (Sonoma, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and northern Santa Clara counties).
- If you are home-bound, we make house calls too.
- Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5 pm.
- A rabbi visit to you is free of charge if you are in a hospital or nursing home.
- You can use a very flexible sliding scale for our fee-based services.
- However old or young you are, however you identify in terms of gender or sexuality, whatever stage of life you are in, we are available to you. Whatever your constellation of relationships, family, or solo journeying, we are available to you. However Jewishly connected or disconnected you feel, however you may identify with a denomination, movement, ideology, or aspect of Jewish culture, we are available to you.
- If you are not Jewish but seeking support for a partner, friend or family member who is, we are available to you.
Each of our rabbis has extensive, specialized experience in chaplaincy and spiritual care, and in the issues around illness and dying, loss and healing. They bring human compassion, comfort, and hope in the face of pain and struggle.
If you are seeking support elsewhere in the U.S., visit ncjh.org for a listing of Jewish healing centers and programs throughout North America, or contact us for assistance with Information and Referral.